- VECTOR ART - EPS, PDF or AI (this is line art, NOT photographic art) with fonts OUTLINED (converted to paths). All spot blacks need to be converted to 100% Process Black.
- High resolution TIFF, JPEG or PSD (300 dpi) at or above actual size. Black ONLY for screen printed imprints. For 4-color process (RGB or CMYK) include at least ½” bleed.
We do NOT accept the following:
- Web images or low resolution (72 dpi) images that appear jagged.
- Artwork containing FONTS that are NOT outlined (converted to paths).
- Your imprint already imprinted, hot stamped or embroidered.
- Anything stapled, folded, clipped, taped or handwritten on samples.
Art Tips / Details
- Guaranteed type size is 10 pt (at ACTUAL ART SIZE).
- Outline all fonts / convert to paths.
- Avoid thin lines. Minimum line thickness 1 pt at ACTUAL SIZE.
- Use solid spot colors (preferably send art as 100% Process Black).
- Avoid halftones, screen printing turns halftones into dot patterns.
- Do NOT forward art. Send art directly from original source.
- Specify PMS colors when requesting a color match. If unsure, refer to UNCOATED PMS swatches. We will attempt to match all colors; however, exact matches are NOT guaranteed.
- Due to 1/8” shift in printing variance, it is best to avoid borders in artwork.
- Avoid thin lines. Minimum line thickness for reversed out design elements / text 1.5 pt at ACTUAL SIZE.
$75 (V) per hour for any art creation, rebuilding or clean up. Minor typesetting (15 minutes or less) will be done at no charge. A third revision to your paper proof will result in an art charge of ¼ hour minimum.
Art on File
HandStands® PROMO will keep art on file for a maximum of two years. A new set-up charge may be required for orders after two years. Repeat orders will be moved directly into production.
- Adobe® Illustrator® CC & lower - File saved as vector EPS, PDF or AI.
- Adobe® Photoshop® CC & lower - File saved as 300 dpi / JPEG, TIFF, PSD or EPS. (Saved no smaller than actual art size.) Always include bleed.
(Microsoft® Word and PowerPoint® documents are NOT ACCEPTED).